[Asterisk-Dev] writing a GPL G.729?

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 05:23:18 MST 2004

Steve is absolutely right on both issues:
- this thread is getting very off topic
- patented technologies can be distributed in source form - otherwise,
how could Intel distribute the G.729 and G.723.1 implementations that I
have downloaded and patched for use with Asterisk?

Intel distributes both of these free, in source form, and under a 'free
open source' license with the intention that the end user will negotiate
their own patent license if the code gets compiled into binary form.