[Asterisk-Dev] DECT channel

Dorian Logan dorian at tuxstar.com
Fri Dec 3 14:39:56 MST 2004

Hi,

   I love this idea - I too have been dreaming................

   How about skipping the FXS all together and have a device that has
the following:

   DECT Handset --------->  Our IAX DECT base station ------------> IAX

   Alternatively it could output SIP I guess - but I do like the IAX
protocol for routing over NAT.

   By skipping the FXS there I would hope be no need for any echo
cancelation, further reducing the cost and complexity.

   Anyone else got any ideas / comments?

D.