[Asterisk-Dev] IAXtel Status

Whisker, Peter Peter.Whisker at logicacmg.com
Thu Dec 2 08:05:26 MST 2004

A possible way of managing large numbers of IAX streams is to have a very
efficient high-speed splitter box which understands IAX trunking and is
capable of splitting and combining trunks and individual channels to route
packets to parallel Asterisk servers. A gigabit data switch should be able
to handle the traffic from this splitter to multiple asterisk servers. Apart
from separating and combining channel streams, the splitter would need to
have some rules to decide on the server to allocate the traffic to - eg
based on IP address masking of the remote or how busy the servers are.

This kind of thing is used to split, combine and resource-level across
servers the billions of text messages sent every day.

Peter