[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail sound level threads?

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Wed Dec 1 08:30:22 MST 2004

Not sure. I am up to my neck in bids right now and events this weekend
and won't be able to look further until next week. I have a T100P to
test Zap channels with, but from what I have seen so far, it has to be a
  loss in transcoding (the VM path from a SIP phone to VM file is G711u
--> s-linear --> GSM file/WAV file/wav file). In other words, there is a
software issue that needs addressed. * uses the "canonical" GSM codec,
and pretty much cut-n-pasted the CMU u-law/slinear conversion code, both
of which *ought* to be well tested (and I have verified that the u-law
conversion produces the identical result as the CMU implementation), so
it will take a bit more nosing around to find out what the issue is. I
still am not convinced that the GSM encoding produces the correct
results, but I have the GSM test files from ETSI so it should be
straightforward to find out.

Greg