[Asterisk-Dev] Good Explain about Virus in Voip.

Rob Gagnon rob at networkip.net
Tue Aug 31 07:38:52 MST 2004

Of course, a computer CAN be infected by a WORM through VoIP....  If someone
programs a VoIP client that contains a buffer overflow problem (read:
Microsoft written software), then anyone could write a program to exploit
the overflow, and voila... worm

ANY kind of network client/server software is vulnerable to attacks of this
type.  This is nothing new just because it is VoIP.  The way you protect
against this is through good network programming, and paying careful
attention to any functions that copy memory around (IE: memcpy(), strcpy(),
sprintf(), etc...)