[Asterisk-Dev] mailbox number storage

Duane duane at e164.org
Fri Aug 27 00:55:21 MST 2004

I'm still playing with app_disa and trying to set it so it makes a
stutter tone if there is new voicemail similar to what the normal phone
system does in Australia. However this would appear to be a near
impossile task as is because the mailbox number instead of being stored
in a centrally accessable struct seems to be stored in channel structs
and since disa has no idea what channel type your using it can't
accessing the stuct information without hardcoding things for sip/iax
and hoping all channel types are sip or IAX that's using it.

I'm not that familiar with asterisk as a whole in terms of what is using
the information or why the mailbox number is being stored the way it is,
perhaps I'm even over looking something simple, or maybe mailbox should
be shifted to channelless struct so any arbitary app etc can get access
to it.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."