[Asterisk-Dev] internationalized DISA

Duane duane at e164.org
Thu Aug 26 20:00:28 MST 2004

Holger Schurig wrote:

> It seems to work for me so far, I just have two points where I need input:
>
> a) I always get WARNING[11275]: cdr.c:286 ast_cdr_init: CDR already
> initialized on 'SIP/dnarotam-eab5'

I had no need to try disa and/or your patch till now, however I found
that warning with or without your patch so it's not something you did...

I recently bought a sipura2000 and wanted it to automatically connect to
asterisk and have asterisk give it the dialtone etc, but I wanted
Australian indication. PS your patch seems to work just fine...

Anyway long story short the dialtone isn't being given to an insecure
extension so I used the no-password option but there is a flaw in the
original code that makes a whack assumption that if it's not in password
mode it must be in extension mode and sets the digit timeouts
accordingly, which means waiting up to 10 seconds for the call to be
recognised as no more digits are being entered, 7 seconds too long for
my liking...

Attached is a modified copy of your patch, all I changed was add an int
called firstdigitok that changes from zero to one once a digit has been
entered, rather then assuming being in extension mode will only happen
if the password has been entered. Setting the time out to a lower value
caused the first digit timeout to be 3 seconds as well, so unless the
first digit was sent rather fast it would go to a re-order signal...

I also changed the defaults from 20 seconds for first digit and 10
seconds for subsequent digits, to 10 and 3 seconds respectively, 10
seconds for last digit timing was just too long...

Hopefully this helps someone out in a similarly annoying situation...

http://www.e164.org/disa.patch

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."