[Asterisk-Dev] Pasive channels monitoring

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 26 08:36:20 MST 2004

> I'm trying to monitor what's going on with channels (creation, state
changed,
> destroyed,etc).
What we did was register an internal listener to  manager
then you have a generic solution for any items you want to listen on.
We just placed a small hook in manger_event->mamanger.c
 then raised our own call back function and passed back a struc as the arg.

>I'm not willing to use astman since I'm running inside * and
> make no sense to parse astman events.
I am really not sure what you objection is to parsing the event strings
passed to manager_event and reformatting them to your own  struc
suitable for your call back function  that is a trivial exercise

I can share this code if you want ...