[Asterisk-Dev] Pasive channels monitoring

Guillermo Winkler gwinkler at inconcertcc.com
Thu Aug 26 06:52:54 MST 2004

Hi,
	I'm trying to monitor what's going on with channels (creation, state changed,
destroyed,etc). I'm not willing to use astman since I'm running inside * and
make no sense to parse astman events.
	I've used ast_waitfor_nandfs on the channels, and then ast_read, but it's far
from "pasive", there are some locking controls and the frames are read by
only one "waiter thread".
	By what I've seen, the queue of frames(audio,control,dtmf,etc) is only meant
to be read by the thread that succesfully locked on wait.(not to mention that
when call is established a lot of audio frames have to be checked for nothing
in this case). (even just select() on each channel FDS will lead to a lot of
audio frame events I don't want to monitor)

	So, I want to know if I'm missing something and there is a way to pasive
monitor calls/peers(without using astman or replacing it).

	Anyone out there has a clue?

Thanks