[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk on Solaris

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sat Aug 21 09:15:38 MST 2004

Just like to report that I've successfully got Asterisk compiled and running
on Solaris (both 8 and 9), thanks to Logan's notes on voip-info.org

I would add (I've already put this as a comment on voip-info) that it also
needs an implementation of strtoq to build.

One additional problem I've come across, which Logan hasn't mentioned, so
I don't know if he found a different workaround, but sparc/Solaris doesn't
allow unaligned word reads. In rtp.c and iax.c, in several places, the code
casts from (unsigned char *) to (unsigned int *), and then reads or writes.
If this pointer isn't on a word boundary, asterisk dies with a bus error.
I've got around this by adding a (rather inefficient) byte-by-byte copy
function for the occasions where the code does this.

I'm not sure my hacks to get the code working are elegant enough to be
submitted as a patch, but if anyone is interested, I'm willing to produce a
patch.

Hope this helps someone.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *