[Asterisk-Dev] How to use more PCI Cards with FXO/FXS in case that TDMoE doesn't work

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at macp.eti.br
Wed Aug 18 06:10:53 MST 2004

Miroslav,

It's my experience that TDMoE is unstable with 2.6. On my workstation/router
it will stop my PPPoE session and cause IP stations to cease responding to
pings, eventually locking up the machine. Athlon XP 2.6 333 FSB 1GB RAM, ECS
KT600-A motherboard, 2 SATA drives, tried lots of kernels from 2.6.5 to 2.6.8
some vanilla, some conectiva snapshot and the official conectiva 10 kernel.

On another machine also with 2.6 it will not lockup, ever, but it will result
in plenty of TDMoE timeouts causing channel restarts.

It apears to work ok with 2.4 only.

For a configuration like yours, I would use a quad E1/T1 card with one slot in
E1 mode, one in T1 channel banks (US$ 500) with 24 FXS, and then use
TDM400P's only for the FXO's, that would use 4 slots (1 quad E1/T1, 3
TDM400P's with 4 FXO each).

Marcelo Pacheco

PS: This is not asterisk-dev subject except for the lockup/TDMoE issues.