[Asterisk-Dev] bizarre registration behavior

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-dev at lists.wsrcc.com
Tue Aug 17 21:04:17 MST 2004

digium at clark.durham.nc.us (Thomas B. Clark) writes:
> Approximately 100 asterisk servers are successfully registering using
> a secret, then immediately sending another registration without the
> secret--which is, of course, denied. Then they start over, repeating
> the cycle approximately every 2 seconds. This behavior is putting a
> huge load on the Broadvoice auth server.

I had broadvoice for approximately 2 weeks.  A few flawless days of
service (and great interoperability with asterisk-current) they
changed the settings on their servers which caused registration to
fail spectacularly.  Asterisk logged a few thousand errors in one
afternoon.  I don't think asterisk was waiting too long to try
re-registering.  Perhaps this is what they are seeing?

After broadvoice added the _sip._udp.sip.broadvoice.com SRV entry
asterisk quieted down a bit.  Perhaps you could try to turn off your
SRV processing in asterisk and see if that excites the bug.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch