[Asterisk-Dev] bizarre registration behavior

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Tue Aug 17 20:23:41 MST 2004

I have been a beta tester for Broadvoice ever since I first asked them
about using Asterisk with it.  They have, since then, accepted hundreds
of Asterisk users but have run into a problem.

Approximately 100 asterisk servers are successfully registering using a
secret, then immediately sending another registration without the
secret--which is, of course, denied. Then they start over, repeating the
cycle approximately every 2 seconds. This behavior is putting a huge
load on the Broadvoice auth server.

I have tried everything I can think of to make my own asterisk server
emulate this behavior, but not successfully.

Any ideas?  Broadvoice has been very good to Asterisk users; I believe
they're still the only company to allow Asterisk on an unlimited plan.