[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk channel variable access: a proposal

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 17 03:56:11 MST 2004

On Monday 16 August 2004 21:55, John Todd wrote:
> I've been trying to get my head around some statistics and reporting
> of Asterisk channels, and I'm having a fairly difficult time of it.
> I currently have no way (as an example) of seeing what codec my IAX
> calls are using, or seeing how many rings I typically have on an
> inbound call before pickup (hint: both of these things have economics
> associated with them.)

The only additional data I would want would be the PIDs and process names of
any external processes associated with the channel...  say mpg123 for MOH,
for example.  That way if I wanted to directly manipulate the external
process (say sending signals to select previous/next song, for example), I
could do so without any screwing around.

Regards,
Andrew