[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk channel variable access: a proposal

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Aug 17 00:27:48 MST 2004

> Technically, it is possible to write a daemon that sits on a manager
> port and watches for all traffic it sees. Extracting channel data is
> then quite easy since you can basically execute any command from the
> manager interface.

The python script "manager.py", which I wrote, does exactly this. It's
opens a manager port and watches everything and updates internal
representations of channels, registry and voicemail messages. Althought
manager.py can execute commands, this is not really needed to get all
channel status. You just have to sit, watch, parse and sometimes to
rename things.

manager.py is part of DeStar, but it works standalone as well.

http://www.holgerschurig.de/destar.html or
http://www.holgerschurig.de/files/destar/ for downloads of snapshots