[Asterisk-Dev] ATA 186 connected phone is not ringing

Rajeev rajeev at cefib.com
Sat Aug 14 04:23:22 MST 2004

Hi,

I am new to Linux and Asterisk. I have installed latest version of Asterisk on a system running Redhat Linux 8.0. I have followed the instructions from Andy Powell's getting started guide. The installation of Asterisk was successful.

I have installed X-lite softphone (Xten Networks) in Windows 2000 professional and configured Cisco ATA 186 as the second extension. I have disabled silence suppression in X-Lite.  When dial from X-lite, Asterisk is directly going to voice mail. But when i call from ATA186 the softphone is ringing and upon attending the call it is getting disconnected.(hung up)

my configuration is as follows.

sip.conf

[general]

port=5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
context =  bogon-calls
allow=all

[2000]
type=friend
username=2000
secret=2000
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
mailbox=100

[2001]
type=friend
username=2001
secret=2001
host=dynamic
context=from-sip
mailbox=101

extension.conf

static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[bogon-calls]

exten=> _.,1,Congestion

[from-sip]

exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
exten => 2000,2,Voicemail(u2000)
exten => 2000,102,Voicemail(b2000)
exten => 2000,103,Hangup

exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20)
exten => 2000,2,Voicemail(u2001)
exten => 2000,102,Voicemail(b2001)
exten => 2000,103,Hangup

exten=> 2999,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERIDNUM})

voicemail.conf

[general]

format=wav

[local]

2000 => 1234,rajeev,rajeev at xyz.com
2000 => 4321,rajeev1,rajeev1 at xyz.com

These configurations i have copied from ONLamp.com website. I am not using any additional hardware for testing this setup.
I have followed the instructions of Andy Powell in configuring the ATA. If the host is mentioned as "dynamic " the ATA is not getting registered. I am giving IP address now.

The error messages are

When calling from X-Lite

rtp.c:275 process_rfc3389: RFC3389 support incomplete. Turn off on client if possible.
spawn extension (from-sip, 2000, 102) exited non-zero on 'SIP/2001-3c02'

When calling from Cisco ATA

spawn extension (from-sip, 2001, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/2000-bfed'
Got SIP response 481 " Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist" back from 192.168.1.136

Thanks a lot for your time.

Rajeevk