[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF and Broadvoice

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Tue Aug 10 11:46:43 MST 2004

Christopher Jacob Wrote:

> I notice in tour extensions.conf example you use SetCallerID and
SetCIDName
> before sending the call up to broadvoice. Are you able to successfully
> override the CID that broadvoice sends by default?

This is becoming a -users thread, not a -dev thread ...

I also spotted those lines and added them, but they don't seem to change
anything.

> Anyone else know if this is possible?
>
> For example BV sends my CID as "Christopher Jacob" and I want to change it
> to "Acme Widgets"... is this possible?

As far as I know, you cannot set it dynamically, but Broadvoice can change
it for you. Our account seems to be an anomaly though ... I'm having a
different problem. When I call myself using our broadvoice account, I get
"N/A" as the CallerID Name. The number comes through properly, it's just the
name that's munged. Broadvoice support (I think it's just one person) said
they corrected it to our company name for me, but it's still N/A.

The last I heard from them was: "We have an open ticket on your account and
our technicians are researching the issue."

Broadvoice feels like a one-person operation.

-Darren