[Asterisk-Dev] VoIP SPAM, what's next ?

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Tue Aug 10 10:14:57 MST 2004

Gang,

Do anyone have a clue on how they do this ??

"QOVIA FILES PATENTS FOR VOICE SPAM BLOCKING TECHNOLOGY"
http://www.qovia.com/company/news/06.28.2004_voip_spam_patent_app_final.htm

"Qovia ready to take on VoIP spam"
http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2004/071204qovia.html

Next thing will probably be a sbl.e164.org service to block spammers like we do with email... :-)

Hmm.. Imagine a built-in reporting tool in Asterisk. Hit **666**# and Asterisk will report the IP address of the caller (and possibly also the CID but it can be forged as we all know) on-line and in real-time to a SBL list for immediate blocking and further processing...

Any takers ??

/Soren

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Aristotle