[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF and Broadvoice

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Aug 10 09:55:04 MST 2004

> I have found threads here and there talking about this, but has anyone
> figured out how to get DTMF in asterisk when using broadvoice as an inbound
> provider?

No problem here; just tested it.

The key seems to be defining a sip context with dtmfmode=inband and
allow=ulaw. However as others have posted recently, there seems to be
a change in how * sip contexts function relative to type=peer, etc. Might
review those posts.

The sip entries that I use (and are currently functional) are:
register=3035399034:mysecret at sip.broadvoice.com

[broadvoice]
type=peer
host=sip.broadvoice.com
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=inband
fromuser=3035399034
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
context=from-broadvoice
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=147.135.8.129/255.255.255.0
permit=147.135.0.129/255.255.255.0

and for outgoing calls in extensions.conf, I'm using:
exten => _1.,1,SetCallerID,3035399034
exten => _1.,2,SetCIDName,"Rich Adamson"
exten => _1.,3,Dial,Sip/broadvoice/${EXTEN}
exten => _1.,4,Congestion

In addition, I've got an entry in /etc/hosts for sip.broadvoice.com
that without it, won't allow * to place bv calls. Contrary to previous
postings, I'm not using the srvlookup=yes as someone suggested.

We've all been told that type=user is for 'inbound' call type, however
the type=peer (above) is the only one that works for me. If I remove
any of the parameters in the above context, inbound calls fail
suggesting the context _is_ used for inbound calls.

Rich