[Asterisk-Dev] UK Caller ID and cable company PSTN lines

Syed Amin obaidasyed at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 08:02:58 MST 2004

Hi

Would u plz send ur Zapat.conf?

Regards

Engr. Syed Obaid Amin
David Gurr <david.gurr at congruity.co.uk> wrote:
I have a phone line from UK cable company NTL. Whilst I can receive callerid
just fine on a Panasonic DECT phone attached to the NTL line, I can't
receive any callerid info with an Asterisk system attached. I'm attaching to
the line using an X100P.

I'm using the latest CVS version of Asterisk and the Zaptel driver, with the
UK callerid patches applied.

With the relevant debugging turned on, I can see that Asterisk is looking
for UK-style callerid, but it's just not finding it.

Reading the pages the wiki links to for further reading on UK callerid, I
see that the UK cable companies use a slightly different standard to BT ...
it seems this involves using *either* the BT V.23 tones *or* the US Bell 202
tones, and that they're sent after a short first ring (unlike the BT tones
which are sent before the first ring).

Before I start hacking around, has anyone else done any work on this?

Thanks

--
David Gurr
Congruity Ltd.