[Asterisk-Dev] DTMF and Broadvoice

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Mon Aug 9 12:30:52 MST 2004

Andrew Kohlsmith <> scribbled on Monday, August 09, 2004 1:07 PM:

> On Monday 09 August 2004 14:50, Jeremy Hall wrote:
>> Christopher Jacob <> scribbled on Monday, August 09, 2004 12:41 PM:
>>> I have found threads here and there talking about this, but has
>>> anyone figured out how to get DTMF in asterisk when using broadvoice
>>> as an inbound provider?
>>
>> Set dtmf=inband in your sip.conf and it will work fine.
>
> So broadvoice only allows ULAW codecs on inbound connections?  'cos
> DTMF sure as hell won't work if you're using any kind of voice
> compression codec.

Broadvoice supports only ULAW with inband DTMF period, inbound or
outbound.  I'd prefer they supported out of band DTMF and iLIBC, or even
GSM, but they said they are trying to mimmic a pots line as closely as
possible.

Jeremy

Disclaimer: 9/8/2004

MPC Computers is providing the following information in compliance with federal regulations:

MPC Computers, LLC
906 E. Karcher Road
Nampa, Idaho 83687
1-888-224-4247
http://www.mpccorp.com

To discontinue receiving e-mail communications from MPC in the future, please go to:
http://www.mpccorp.com/email/manage.html and follow the instructions.