[Asterisk-Dev] RE: MYSQL application

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 3 04:15:17 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 04:43, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Monday 02 August 2004 21:46, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> > ODBC is horribly inefficient.  I wouldn't go near it.  Perhaps a
> > more generic interface would be better.  Something like the
> > following:
>
> How hard will even a busy 8-PRI box hit the DB?  I can't imagine ODBC being
> less efficient than accessing a large flat file!  I will come forward right
> now and say I don't have any hard numbers myself (hence my reason for
> asking),

Who would access a large flat file anyways. Dialplans are all stored in
memory and only read in at startup or reload times. I dare you to find
any number saying that an access to an external process running any SQL
interpreter to be faster than a memory lookup in the original calling
processes memory space.