[Asterisk-Dev] MPL(openh323)/ GPL License issues

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 20:12:37 MST 2004

Jeremy,
 you are quite correct. Mark does control the copy right of Asterisk.

Now, ast_h323.X explicitly state it is GPL.
    Very simple, very clear.
       No ambiguity.

 Oops, there is ambiguity.
    Elsewhere, you read in the readme file::

  Specific permission is also granted to OpenSSL and OpenH323 to link to
Asterisk.

So tell me. What license is the code under?

The license specified in the readme?
the license specified in the file header??

yes, I "know" it is under the one in the readme.   However, this is an
ambiguity. As a programmer, I hate ambiguity.

 Let us be clear in the license used.......

Derek.