[Asterisk-Dev] AES voice encryption for IAX2

Muiz Motani muiz at i-dist.com
Tue Apr 20 15:26:52 MST 2004

I'm sorry that I have been away from this discussion for a few days and my
comments are on a post a few  days old.

Freeswan and it's successor, openswan, can not deal with an address
changing after the establishment of a VPN tunnel. Once an IP address
changes (i.e. the lease on your DHCP-obtained  IP address expires and your
DHCP client obtains a new and different IP address) the tunnel will collapse.

On 17 Apr 2004 at 22:06, you wrote:

> Actually there is already a means of coping with addresses switching.
> It used to be freeswan, now openswan:
>
> http://www.openswan.org/
>
> No VPN, no fuss, no muss... It's already in 2.6 kernels and from what I
> see, been backported to 2.4

Actually, it was initially written to the 2.4 kernel and then ported to the 2.6.

Muiz Motani
Intelligent Distribution
72-6800 Lynas Lane, Richmond, B.C.  V7C 5E2
email: muiz at i-dist.com
phone: +1 604 448 9293     fax: +1 604 448 9296