[Asterisk-Dev] AES voice encryption for IAX2

Duane digium at aus-biz.com
Fri Apr 16 14:09:29 MST 2004

Tracy R Reed wrote:

> It would seem to me that tunneling over ipsec or ipv6 or stunnel or any
> number of other standard means would work just fine rather than
> reinventing the wheel by integrating encryption with IAX.

erm ipv6 != encryption...
As pointed out stunnel is tcp based and IPSec is a bitch, I highly doubt
most people would want to stuff about with their kernels to that extent...

As someone pointed out earlier, need a command like starttls with smtp,
if the server you're connecting to ignores it, it doesn't support
crypto, otherwise handshake, and crypto it...

--
Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!