[Asterisk-Dev] AES voice encryption for IAX2

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Fri Apr 16 13:41:09 MST 2004

I totally agree: We need implement the encryption at the application level. Using outboard encryption facilities at the transport level is too much to ask of unsophisticated users. Yout point about E911 is an interesting one, that I
was completely unaware of but makes perfect sense.

While doing a Google search, I noticed someone mentioned that Encryption was working with Digium's new IAXy product. Does this mean that encryption support at the protocol level has already been thought out, and just not merged into the Asterisk source tree yet?

Steve.