[Asterisk-Dev] How do I figure out instability?

chrisast at piper.talisa.net chrisast at piper.talisa.net
Fri Apr 16 09:31:29 MST 2004

Hi,

I use RH9 but no special RH scripts.

I initially had instability problems but then I modified safe_asterisk to
use /usr/src/asterisk (I think) from /tmp and also had registered G729
from /usr/src/asterisk (I think).  Very minor from what most people
attempt.

Another time the log file was huge >2GB and that caused problems.=20

So, my input is, is G729A involved here or is the log file
/var/log/asterisk/messages huge?  If so then that might be worth looking
at.

I'm afraid that's been my only real experience of instability with
asterisk apart from when overclocking or using bad hardware or
motherboards which I guess isn't the case?

If it's not those things then sorry for wasting anyones time.

Good luck!  Chris

On 16 Apr 2004, Steve Murphy wrote:

> [...]
ecause the =E2=80=9Cdaemon=E2=80=9D