[Asterisk-Dev] Registering Asterisk to Lucent's MVAM Gatekeeper

pesb pesb at conexion.com.py
Thu Apr 15 07:24:33 MST 2004

Hi there,
            I am trying to register asterisk to a Lucent's MVAM GK. It is not
registering to the GK with both h323 channels(chan_h323 and oh323).
The problem is that if I set the GK(in asterisk) through the GK's IP, the GK
answers with GCF without it's GK ID, and after that it does not answer to the
RRQ, because the RRQ message has no GK ID.
And when I set the GK through the GK ID, asterisk does not respond to the GK's
GCF message because there is no GK ID in this message.
What I would need to do is to set GK's ID and IP at the same time in asterisk.
Is this possible? I've tried setting both: id and IP, for the oh323 and it
did not work. Asterisk would assume that I had only set the GK's id.
And for the chan_h323, it isn't possible to set GK ID inside the h323.conf
file.
I am really in a hurry here. Could somebody help me?

           thanks in advance,
                                         Pablo Salinas