[Asterisk-Dev] FOLLOWUP: TE405P *hardware* question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Apr 14 19:29:11 MST 2004

> Does it time to market dual-voltage TE405P+ cards? ;-) Because none of
> schematic/PCB changes between TE405P and dual-voltage version except
> additional key hole IMHO new one isn't requires additional certifications.

I don't believe that any additional certifications would be required -- 3.3V
PCI has 5V present at the slot, and like I said, it seems to work just fine
-- there wouldn't be any additional things to do to recertify the telco end
of things, as that is all sufficiently separated from the PCI bus by the
Xilinx part.

At any rate it was an interesting little experiment, and one that I personally
am very happy succeeded.  :-)  Thank you for your help in interpreting the
Xilinx documentation.  It's always good to have someone independently come to
the same conclusions as you.

Regards,
Andrew