[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Codecs Extension

Alex Volkov avolkov at bpvn.com
Wed Apr 14 11:02:03 MST 2004

Asterisk Codecs ExtensionPedro,

I am not entirely sure as far as the video codecs go, but asterisk can certainly pass-thru any codec that it recognizes. You will probably need to add an asterisk constant (#define) for this codec and create mappings to it in RTP/SDP and maybe some other stacks. The constant is only for asterisk to uniquely identify the codec internally. If this is a codec that is not well-defined by RTP/SDP standard, the codec will have to be passed by name in SDP and mapped to a dynamic RTP packet type. So asterisk has to recognize it (through mappings) to be able to pass it.

Cheers!
Alex.