[Asterisk-Dev] Re: 802.11b a contraindication?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 13 23:21:30 MST 2004

> I agree that a more specific understanding of interactions between
> 802.11[b,a,g] and SIP RTP sessions would be worthwhile if it could be
> found or generated and posted to this list.  Additionally, what would be
> more worthwhile would be a similar IAX2 study.   I'll put this on my
> long and un-cheery list of "things to be tested", right beside satellite
> latency effects on IAX2...

Some AP's claim they prioritize voice - I don't know how. Symbol have said
that for a long time, and they supported H.323 in their equipment. There's
a new QoS standard for 802.11, but I don't know how that works with various
protocols or equipments. Check 802.11e.

For more infromation on VOW (voice over WiFi):

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/2171721
http://www.vonmag.com/issue/2003/sepoct/features/voice_over_wifi.htm

/O