[Asterisk-Dev] Meaning less CDR with IAX2 Native Bridge.

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Mon Apr 12 23:08:52 MST 2004

Florian Overkamp wrote:

>Is it possible to extend the protocol to transfer the data stream of a call
>but not the signalling ? I know that Iax only uses one IP port and this will
>make things complex, but some form of signalling for this purpose is very
>nessecary...
>
>Florian

Then we allow for sending voice to a third party and it'll be perfect..
oh wait, that's exactly how sip/h.323 works :)

More seriously though, yes it's a good idea but adds alot of
complexility to the protocol. Each session would have a signal dest and
voice dest.  Actually it isn't too hard, just needs someone with some
time to do it. The fun part is making it work with multiple transfers
and bridges happening at the same time.

Really needs Mark's opinion (blessing)

-Adam