[Asterisk-Dev] Meaning less CDR with IAX2 Native Bridge.

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Mon Apr 12 02:18:31 MST 2004

Hi.
> Assume that follwoing with IAX2.
>
> EXT-7 -> AST1 ->AST2 -> PRI
>
> Behaviour.
> With NATIVE BRIDGE enabled. AST1 logs a CDR for first
> few secnd and then hands over the call to AST2.
> Leaving no trace of CALL on AST1.
this is the expected behaviour.

> How to solve this problem. Do we need IAX3 with
> separate control and Voice channels?
Nope! having everything on the same channel is the
power of IAX.
you can solve thant in 3 ways:
* don't use transfers: put notransfer=yes in the user/peer def
  (but that can't be really useful....)
* compare the two db, in order to get some info from the
  first, and some other from the second, merge them and
  you're done
* patch the chan_iax2.c file, in order to add some IE's
  that brings additional info to the second server,
  and let the second server use these infos for cdr
  if present.
  (perhaps someone on the list did that sometimes ago)

Matteo

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmgi Srl