[Asterisk-Dev] Client development...

Chris Palmer t3sture at boldar.com
Sat Sep 27 02:13:51 MST 2003

Ok, i'm new to this mailing list so i know my opinion  prolly won't be
valued ( don't attack me for spelling. It's late and i'm replying
casually). It seems that if you're as serious as you say you are, you
would examine the source close enough to understand anything  you need to
know about the protocol. All you need do is do a cvs update of asterisk
and possibly zaptel to understand everything. I mean... the bit packing of
the protocol is right there in front of you. Now, before you attack me for
not knowing what i'm talking about, i just woke up mark (who is one room
over from me asleep right now) to make sure that this was true before
posting. I understand that maybe you didn't research it enough before you
posted it, or maybe you're not as good a coder as you say you are, and
it's also possible that these guys aren't really being completely fair.
I've seen some down-right mean replys to this thread. Anyway, it's in the
source. If you have a problem understanding it, that's not something i
would scoff on and i doubt the rest of the people here would either. Just
ask. I'll readily admit that i won't be able to help you, but i bet these
other guys can. Why not just re-phrase your question and move on?

-t3sture (chris)