[Asterisk-Dev] Does anyone know how to get a perl debugger to launch when a perl AGI gets called

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Sep 25 07:09:47 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 08:48, Fats Neutron wrote:
> I have been trying to figure this one out and decided ask the list as you
> probably have an answer.
>
> What I am trying to do is setup a perl dev environment so that I can write
> an AGI script for interfacing with Asterisk. Before I get started I want to
> ensure I can launch the debugger when the script gets run from asterisk so
> that I can step through the code during testing.
>
> I have been looking at maybe using the perl environment called Komodo on
> Linux from Active State. It's a pretty straight format IDE and relatively
> cheap.
>
> Have anyone managed to do boot the debuggers on entry top the agi and what
> tools do you use for perl development.

Your problem is mainly trying to connect to the process that you want to
deal with. I don't think the perl debugger works like gdb in that you
can connect to a already running process.

Of course I have to ask why you need a full dubugging environment when
you could just as well use a few prints to STDERR and watch the console
to see what comes out. AGI isn't itself so dificult that once you have
your base few functions down with respect to dealing with asterisk that
the rest is all that difficult to do.