[Asterisk-Dev] Music On Hold running slow

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Tue Sep 23 14:31:01 MST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 01:25 pm, Martin Pycko wrote:
> it's very possible that you have mpg321 installed. Check if you have a
> symlink for mpg123.

Sneaky, I wonder how I ended up loosing 123... Anyway all I had to do was to
remove the symlink to 321 and make a new one from /usr/local/bin/mpg123
pointing back into /usr/bin/mpg123, once I had installed mpg123... : )

mpg123 compiles easy with builtin compile option help.

make linux-help lists available options. For me I just ran
make linux

mpg123 is available at http://www.mpg123.de/ for those wondering.

> Martin
>
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Steve wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > Some time ago I added sound music for on hold. Has worked great since
> > then.
> >
> > The other day I called in and did some test and discoverd that hold music
> > was running what sounds like slow motion music.
> >
> > I've tried a number of things but nothing seems to work.
> > Removing all (sound) files except the one which I played manually using
> > mpg123 and left one that I know is OK.
> >
> > When I play mpg123 I get this message:
> > Can't find a suitable libao driver. (Is device in use?)
> >
> > A number of libao drivers are installed (standard RH 9).
> >
> > Of course there's no soundcard in the machine but that's not needed by
> > mpg123 to play a file anyway. (I think, as I'm sure it worked fine in
> > this box before I put a soundcard into it...)
> >

> > --
> > Steve

Steve