[Asterisk-Dev] Feature request: System Speed Dial

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Tue Sep 16 12:32:43 MST 2003

> 	If any of you have implemented a similar system using the
> DB or through extensions.conf magic, I'd love to see how
> you guys did it!

This is more of an outline than the exact syntax you want, but you could use
the following idea:

In extensions.conf, use some code to configure your system speed dial (say *75,
an NANPA standard for that purpose, plus the 2-digit speed dial code, plus the
destination number)

exten => _*75XX.,1,DBput(SysSpeed/${EXTEN:3:2}=${EXTEN:4})

And to dial the number, supposing you were going to dial # plus the speed dial
code:

exten => _#XX,1,DBget(destination=SysSpeed/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _#XX,2,GoTo,OutgoingContextToUse|destination|1

If, rather than system speed dial, you wanted individual speed dial numbers for
each person, you could prepend (or append I guess) the caller's extension
number to the speed dial code when it goes into the database. And of course you
could combine system/user speed dials using different code ranges and a
different programming code.