[Asterisk-Dev] Feature request: System Speed Dial

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Sep 16 11:24:10 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 13:12, Peter Grace wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> 	I've been pondering a new idea for a while -- speed dial.
> Kristy often complains that there are like five numbers
> that she dials all the time, and wishes she could just hit
> something like *0X to dial it.  I set out to implement
> this, but, I have no clue how to go about writing a whole
> new app.
>
> 	If any of you have implemented a similar system using the
> DB or through extensions.conf magic, I'd love to see how
> you guys did it!  If not, maybe it'd be an interesting (and
> my guess easy) app to hack out in a few minutes for our
> more experienced coders.
>
> Hope all of you are having a good week!

You mean like,

exten => *01,Dial(Zap/g1/somenumber)
exten => *02,Dial(Zap/g1/number2)

Maybe you could make it a macro so you could have started dialing and
know what phone you are using and look up personal numbers.

Or, you could just buy an analog phone that supports that as an option.
My At&t 957 phone allows me to store like 99 numbers to a list with
names attached. I just select it and press dial and off it goes. I also
have several cordless phones that work the same way.