[Asterisk-Dev] Like a Heartbeat for *

totoro at ovh.net totoro at ovh.net
Mon Sep 15 05:00:15 MST 2003

Hello,

I don't know about implementing snmp with *. Snmp is rather used on routers and
gateways to know the traffic.
It's true it can be great to know how many calls thereis and how long calls are.
I think it's rather for statistics than a real heartbeat. And it'll make * more
crashable... when complexity goes high...

If I compare to networking, softs like mon are rather used to monitor differents
parties. http://freshmeat.net/projects/mon/
It can be a good idea to base hearbeat on softs like this, largely used in other
areas. There's only modules to write to conform testing to *. A module to make
fake sip calls or so...

Miro