[Direct] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] ENUM and H.323

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) lwc at roke.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 06:48:37 MST 2003

Hi Otmar,
   The draft was written by Orit Levin.
Thus it has tons of options, most of which the ITU SG16 folk
don't understand either. However, Orit is a very scary lady,
so no one disagrees.
Beware - this is what happens if you drink too much coffee
(well, on reflection, no, it would take a lot more to turn
  someone into a Venusian like Orit).

Whatever...the h323: URL, without parameters, should do fine.
Strictly, there are two options - either:
  -- enumservice = 'h323', *NO* technology
or
  -- enumservice = 'voice', technology = 'h323'

all the best,
   Lawrence

>Just a quick note for this list:
>
>I've submitted a patch at bugs.digium.com which
>adds support for H.323 NAPTR records to EnumLookup.
>(http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000208)
>
>It's rather straight forward. Two issues though:
>
>1) the technology 'OH323' is hardcoded into EnumLookup.
>I've no clue what effect that has on recent developments
>concerning asterisk vs. alternativ H.323 channels
>
>2) I do not have access to the H.323 document,
>thus I'm not sure how H.323 URIs really look like, and
>whether this code really copes with all variants.
>
>But anyway, this code enabled my Asterisk box to call
>Innovaphone Germany over H.323 routed via ENUM.
>This was demo'ed at the RIPE46 conference in Amsterdam this week.
>See http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/mail-archives/enum-trials/2003/msg00098.html
>
>[We really had fun: PSTN call from A'dam to Berlin to some
>Innovaphone PBX, from there H.323 to my Asterisk in Vienna,
>and then back to A'dam to a Cisco SIP phone registered at the
>* box. Or a Meetme with ppl connected via SIP, H323 and PSTN.]
>
>/ol
>--
>< Otmar Lendl (lendl at nic.at) | nic.at Systems Engineer >

Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:lwc at roke.co.uk>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.