[Asterisk-Dev] ENUM and H.323

Otmar Lendl lendl at nic.at
Tue Sep 2 06:30:56 MST 2003

Just a quick note for this list:

I've submitted a patch at bugs.digium.com which
adds support for H.323 NAPTR records to EnumLookup.
(http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000208)

It's rather straight forward. Two issues though:

1) the technology 'OH323' is hardcoded into EnumLookup.
I've no clue what effect that has on recent developments
concerning asterisk vs. alternativ H.323 channels

2) I do not have access to the H.323 document,
thus I'm not sure how H.323 URIs really look like, and
whether this code really copes with all variants.

But anyway, this code enabled my Asterisk box to call
Innovaphone Germany over H.323 routed via ENUM.
This was demo'ed at the RIPE46 conference in Amsterdam this week.
See http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/mail-archives/enum-trials/2003/msg00098.html

[We really had fun: PSTN call from A'dam to Berlin to some
Innovaphone PBX, from there H.323 to my Asterisk in Vienna,
and then back to A'dam to a Cisco SIP phone registered at the
* box. Or a Meetme with ppl connected via SIP, H323 and PSTN.]

/ol
--
< Otmar Lendl (lendl at nic.at) | nic.at Systems Engineer >