[Asterisk-Dev] NAT patch for chan_sip.c

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 31 00:20:19 MST 2003

Chris Albertson wrote:

> 1) A pointer to some STUN docs and/or code would help.
http://www.Vovida.org has a ´STUN server in Open Source code
There's also pointers to relevant RFCs on their STUN page.
I believe there's a Linux client in the same source code repository.

Also:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=STUN+clients
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-STUN

You can fire up the latest X-Lite and check what happens in
ethereal.

> 2) I thought STUN only works on "STUN aware" firewalls.
> Ansering #1 above may anser this.
No, you need a STUN server somewhere on the outside to send packets to.
By analyzing the response, your client can make a decision on what
type of NAT your firewall/broadband router has implemented and
from that information make a decision on how to adopt the SIP headers.

/O