[Asterisk-Dev] Embedded Asterisk

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 04:42:15 MST 2003

Hi Lars,

Wooooaahh!! That's a reply and a half! :D I feel guilty for taking you
away from your work now... hope the meeting goes really well - keep us updated...
and good luck!!

I must admit i do like the Allwell boxes, I just wish they'd do one with all the extra audio
and video stuff removed and 2 pci slots. With 2 slots and when Digium release the 4 port
fxo modules too - this could quite easily become a pbx with a pick and mix effect for the
end user ( eg 2 fxo's and 6 fxs etc)..

I have to confess to making the assumption that you were doing this as a commercial
product, mainly because I didn't see a link to your site with your experiences and lots
of nice pictures (a la mp3 player mania). So my apologies there.

I'd really be interested in setting up a development environment here to mimic what you
have done. My biggest issue - I guess like yours - is cash... oh and getting the Allwell
boxes here in Holland..

You have changed my point of view, and I'd love to get in on what you've achieved so far..

Again, best of luck with your meeting today... let's hope you get what you want from it :D

Andy

On 27/10/2003 at 10:40 Lars Boegild Thomsen wrote:

>Hi Andy,
>
>I won't argue with your point of view.  That one you're of course
>completely
>entitled to have :)  I will however try to elaborate a little to see if I
>can change it.
>
>Currently this isn't really a commercial venture (in my view).  It was
>spawned off from a many year interest in playing with embedded Linux.  I've
>been playing rather a lot with that out of pure fun and interest, and while
>I have done a few commercial projects based on some of this work, it hasn't
>really been the driving factor.  Same with embedding Asterisk.  I don't do
>this for a company - neither do I have any investors putting money into
>this.  I started playing with it because 1. It was fun an 2. I could see a
>commercial interrest for the resulting product (a solid-state hybrid
>soft-switch in non-marketing terms).

<cut to save me being bitchslapped>