[Asterisk-Dev] PBX status info

asterisk at billheckel.com asterisk at billheckel.com
Mon Oct 20 07:24:09 MST 2003

well show channels will give you half the picture, which lines are in use but it won't tell you
which extensions are in use.  That is a tougher problem since a physical ( or logical ) extension
can have many extensions and a single extension can have many physical ( logical ) channels
associated with it.

Image an extension like
exten => 1234,1,Dial(Zap/G4,800-999-0000)
where group 4 is an outbound T1 and that number is a trunk into another PBX so it can handle 100
calls.  If there is a call active should the extension show as in use or not?

or even
exten 4567,1,Dial(Zap/2)
exten 4567,102,Dial(Zap/3)
How would you handle that?