[Asterisk-Dev] Fastman aka Flash-Astman + String Terminations

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sat Oct 18 08:25:02 MST 2003

Hi.

I'm trying to develop a Fastman, aka a sort of Gastman
but with Flash (so the name F-Astman). This because
we can have a lightweight, fast & nice gastman-alike
interface in a web browser, on any platform the flash
plugins runs on .
With flash is rather easy to build a such app, since
it has persistent tcp sockets, so a movie can connect
to the asterisk manager and do the work.

I've got a preliminary test working... a little
app that logins on a ast manager, and display live
the events... very simple, just to test the connection
from flash <-> asterisk.

Now the issue ;)
Flash wants that strings sent from the server have
a null char as EOL (is to say '\0'), or they don't get
detected. And of course * doesn't send '\0' and the end
of each string sent by the manager.

So I wrote a new ast_cli function (called ast_cli_net)
that is the same as ast_cli but sends also '\0' .
ast_cli_net is called only by manager.c

Now I was wondering how's the best way to solve that issue...
* patching * with the function that sends also '\0' ?
* using a tcp-proxy (perl, maybe) that proxies the connections
  to the manager and adds '\0' when needed ?
* don't use flash ;) ?

any hint or idea 'bout that?

P.S. my idea is not to use the tcp-proxy, since I want
to have a sort of simple flash movie that works without
installing any other thing. Conf file will be similar
to gastman one, if not the same, and will be on the
same dir of the webserver where the movie is.
so all that's needed is a webserver+the movie+the conf file ,
to have a gastman-like in every browser flash supports...

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl