[Asterisk-Dev] sip nat autodetect?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Oct 17 23:42:55 MST 2003

>	I'm wondering if there is a way I can set in
>my sip.conf a block of ip ranges that if it sees the
>registers from that ip it can change the sip peer to nat=yes automatically.
>
>	eg: 10/8, 172.16/14, 192.168/16, etc..?
>
>	- jared
>
>--
>Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net
>clue++;      | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/  My statements are only mine.

Yes, I thought of that same idea some time ago, but then I thought:
why would it be a problem to put "nat=yes" in for all hosts?

However, I do see your point, and there are perhaps instances where
"nat=yes" can do some harm if the host is not behind NAT.  Do I hear
you volunteering for a patch?  ;-)

JT