[Asterisk-Dev] Problem with asterisk/codecs/gsm/Makefile asterisk/codecs/mp3

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Oct 17 12:30:55 MST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 20:58, Chris Albertson wrote:
> No, read it again.  I didn't say "Please do this."  I asked
> if there was a reason not to do it.  Reason I asked is because
> some developers think auto tools to complex and would rather
> write portable makefiles by hand.
>
> I was thinking of doing the conversion to auto tools myself
> but would only atempt it if the result would be accepted into
> CVS.

Yes, but the point is, are you volunteering to maintain it?  That's
an ongoing commitment.  If you aren't willing, then there's your
reason why not to do it.

And it's really silly to condition writing something on it being
committed to CVS.  The condition is usually in the reverse -- if
it's _good_ (and fulfills the legal requirements), then it gets
committed.  I myself have gone through several iterations of a
patch before it was considered good enough to be committed
to CVS.

-Tilghman