[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and RADIUS

duncan duncan at impede.net
Thu Oct 2 07:34:15 MST 2003

>A google search shows several emails from people talking about Asterisk and
>RADIUS support however a "grep -r radius *" on Asterisk CVS comes up blank.
>
>Has anyone actually released any RADIUS code for Asterisk or should I
>write it
>myself? Is anyone else interested in RADIUS support?

RADIUS support is a discussion that has been mentioned many times on this
list, but never agreed on.  Personally I think RADIUS support would be
fantastic.  Yes, RADIUS does have its flaws, but it also has a lot of very
widely used features and installs.  So I think you'll have to write your
own RADIUS support (unless theres anyone out there whos already done this
and is prepared to release the source), and yes I for one am very
interested in seeing RADIUS support in Asterisk.  Of course if someone
wants to provide an alternative (like LDAP) then thats great as well, the
wider the support the better.

duncan