[Asterisk-Dev] non-root asterisk install

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Wed Oct 1 02:37:48 MST 2003

Hi Duncan,

just change the INSTALL_PREFIX in the Makefile and change the
paths in asterisk.conf to point to a different location.
I run all my * installations non-root. Make sure your user has
the right permissions on /dev/zaptel/* (or /dev/capi* in my
case).
Start * with the -C /full/path/asterisk.conf to make * find
the asterisk.conf in a different location.

regards

kapejod
--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns

CEO,CTO
Junghanns.NET GmbH
Breite Strasse 13 - 12167 Berlin - Germany
fon:	+49 30 79705392
fax:	+49 30 79705391
iaxtel:	1-700-157-8753
email:	kpj at junghanns.net