[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] CVS repository changes

Thorsten Lockert tholo at sigmasoft.com
Fri Nov 14 07:52:10 MST 2003

> For those of us that are asterisk users but not linux junkies (no
disrespect
> intended), would you or someone post a simple email that _briefly_
> summarizes a couple of the more common ways to update our source?

To quote from the original announcement that Mark sent out on October 28:

>>For those of you with *localized changes*, please be sure to do:
>>
>># cvs diff -u > ../my-asterisk-changes.diff
>>
>>in the asterisk source directory and keep the resulting file to merge in
>>later on this week with the new Asterisk cvs.  We plan to perform the
>>switch Wendsday night or Thursday morning.
>>
>>Again, you only need to do the diff if you're concerned about any changes
>>that you've made locally.
>>
>>To apply the patch once you've checked out the new CVS:
>>
>># patch -p0 < ../my-asterisk-changes.diff

If you had not done the "cvs diff" part, there is not all that much you can
to at this point to make it easy to merge any local changes with what is in
the CVS tree.

> I realize there has been bits and pieces posted in various emails, how
> about consolidating those into a one/two page summary.

Uhm, no, not quite -- there was only that one mail from Mark which I have
quoted from above, which gives the exact two commands that were needed.

Thorsten